Friday, January 29, 2010

Not Quite The Same - But A Memory




One of the many things Iceland is famous is their wool. Icelandic wool is famous for its warmth and water shedding qualities. We of course have been enjoying more where the wool comes from. We have eaten more leg of lamb since we have been here than I think I have eaten in all the years before. It is delicious and we are going to miss it.

I think every missionary goes home with at least one Icelandic wool sweater but Eileen is allergic to wool and and I am not a sweater person so thought we would just go home having enjoyed the lamb. However we saw a beautiful lamb skin throw in a hotel a year ago and thought we keep an eye out for one. We have never seen one like it but last week we saw a regular lamb skin we thought might make a nice memory. Then since Eileen has really wanted an Icelandic wool sweater even though she reacts to it every time she tries one on, bought one Wednesday. Then today we decided to buy the lamb skin we saw two weeks ago. Of all the many there are to choose from we liked this one for the great variety of color and its large size. As I was sitting with it behind my back I was amazed by the warmth I felt. No wonder the Vikings slept under them.

No comments: