Saturday, January 2, 2010

The End of Christmas - Eileen´s Style




Christmas in Iceland begins 13 days before Christmas Day with the arrival of the first Yule Lad. It then continues for 13 days after Christmas as each Yule Lad leaves one at a time just as they arrived. But that is not the case in our home!

For the Elders, New Years Day was deep cleaning day according to our Mission President. For Eileen (as I am sure the kids remember) it also means putting Christmas away too. So now I sit in what seems a very naked apartment. Not only did I have to pack up all of Christmas for the Ashby's to use next year, Eileen took down all the pictures and drawings we have been collecting on the wall for the past 15+ months. I also had to put away my Christmas present from Lisa and David. It was a beautiful day as you can see in the picture of the Space Needle and the sunset - a great way to start the New Year. We also enjoyed brunch with the Elders. It wasn´t too exciting as it was just Eggs Benedict this time but it is always good to have the Elders in our home.

Have a Great Happy and Prosperous New Year!

3 comments:

meredith said...

we put all of our stuff away on New Year's Day as well. When you hit the 2nd, I want my home back the way it was before Thanksgiving. :)

Heather said...

I put our Christmas decorations away yesterday as well. I love how clean the house looks; albeit a little naked looking.

Unknown said...

Almost all are put away, yeah!!! The kids helped so I'm still finding things here and there.