Tuesday, January 5, 2010


I went teaching with the Elders this afternoon which is always fun to do even when I don´t understand Icelandic. The lady was very open but she has a pick and choose religion. She picks what she likes best from all religions and lives that way. As the Elders said she has a behavioral religion. When we left I thanked her for letting us teach her the true Gospel of Jesus Christ as we always enjoy sharing it with good people.

I then took the Elders to their next appointment and since it was close to a store where we buy detergent I stopped as we are out of it and stain remover. The detergent was about the same price as always and so was the stain remover although very expensive at $8 for 750 ml. The surprise was to find a display of the same stain remover packed in two with the words 2 for 1. The price however was $12. I asked one of the workers why when it says 2 for 1 it was not $8 and he said we have to price it the way we are told. I then noted a 500 ml bottle of the same stain remover on another shelf for $9. Interesting pricing! Next I notice the hand soap we bought earlier this summer. Then a 4 pack without olive oil sold for $4 and a 4 pack with olive oil for $1.50 (same manufacture and everything else except for the olive oil). We bought several packs but should have bought the store out as the price today was $6 with or without olive oil. Interesting pricing to say the least - just wish I had bought all they had back at $1.50.

2 comments:

Micah said...

How much hand soap are you planning to go through in just ten weeks?

Grandpa and Grandma B said...

I think we will have to buy a few more bars to make it the entire 9 weeks, but I wish I had bought more of the 4 packs at $1.50 since that is what we paid for one very small bar of Dove last week. Anyway it would have been great to leave some behind for the Ashby's at that low price.