Sunday, March 1, 2009

Much Like Minnesota



The winter here in Selfoss is much like Minnesota except not as cold and the snow melts. But they have the same phrase here as we have at home "If you don't like the weather just wait 15 minutes."It has been snowing just about every day but then it warms up and occasionally the sun comes out or it rains. Yesterday was an extremely beautiful day in the mid 30's and bright sun most of the day but today we have had mostly snow with a brief period of sun while we were in Church.

I have to remember to give myself time to clear the snow off the car before we head out to appointments so we aren't late. Most of the time it is not a problem but on the days is is covered in ice it is a bigger challenge. The car picture was a few weeks ago but the Church was yesterday. As you all know, Eileen's love of Family History includes stopping at churches and cemeteries even in Iceland.

The other picture goes along with one of Iceland's favorite myths. The myth has to do with little people. Whenever something is missing it is blamed on the little people. The owners of the rock on the right and left sides of the pictures provided little doorways for the little people to enter their homes.

5 comments:

Darron said...

Which church is this one?

Paige said...

I have to say that phrase, just wait and the weather will change, I have heard it everywhere I have lived. I realized that either A) I have only live in bad weather areas or B) its a true statement everywhere.

Grandpa and Grandma B said...

It is Fotstandarkirkja

Grandpa and Grandma B said...

That is right you never lived in California. We always joked the weatherman had it made there as the weather seldom changed.

H. Wimmer said...

Yup you have convinced me that Az is the best place to live in the winter... the only time it is true in Az is during monsoon season and trust me one second it will be beautiful and hot and the next I'm running to my car hoping to not get hit by rain or massive dust!!

LOVE YA