Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Health Falls




Last night I came down with the flu and when the Elders called to see if we could go see some sights on Preparation Day - today, I told them probably not as I not up to even thinking about it. Elder Fillmore quickly said that is OK and we will pray for you. I woke up this morning figuring I had at least a day of the flu to look forward to but instead the Elders prayer turned it into only a 12 hour flu. We also had planned dinner for our Branch Mission Leader who is leaving for Denmark to get married in the Temple and live in Denmark (I am the new Branch Mission Leader with Arnar leaving). So we did not have much time and Elder Teodoro said there were some falls near by. We drove an hour up into the higher elevations and found the first falls called Health Falls. It is even more beautiful than the pictures. We then headed down another road which had not been traveled since the last snow fall. The car was having trouble maintain traction so I had to disappoint Elder Teodoro as we backed back out to the highway. The next falls he wanted to show us was on a road that was not only not traveled but has a foot high drift across it. This one we almost got stuck on. So we only have the one falls to show today. We got home in plenty of time to prepare dinner but the oven would not heat so we were debating about taking dinner somewhere to cook when our guest called and said he had a problem. His best friend had also invited him to dinner and he didn't know what to do. I told him to enjoy dinner with his friend and we would see him tomorrow night at the YSA activity. So for today all has worked out. In case you are wondering where Sister Bremner is - it was too cold to get out of the car!

2 comments:

Darron said...

I just received a comment on my blog from one of the two new missionaries who go into the MTC in July. His name is Jared Armstrong and he is from Scranton, Pennsylvania. He is at BYU right now and I expect I will meet him in the next day or so. He was surprised by his call to Iceland, be willing and eager. I'll try to get him to come to my class for the last six weeks or so with the other newly called elder.

Grandpa and Grandma B said...

We are just glad to know that he has been called the new guideline is two elders per unit and we only have two units so we were not sure we would be getting the other two elders come August.