Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Just a Fun Post

One of our excursions included a trip to the National Automobile and Historical Car Museum. One starts to feel old when one of the cars I drove as a kid is similar to one in the museum.  Dad bought a used 1958 Cadillac Sedan De Ville (the one pictured is a Fleetwood model and thankfully ours was not coral). It was in 1961 at the same time our neighbor bought a brand new Plymouth for the same price Dad paid for the Cadillac . I think that is when I realized the value of quality. Our 58 Cad was so much more car than the Plymouth - the Plymouth seemed like a tin can in comparison.

Eileen wants the Mercedes 190 SL.  Looking it up on the internet it is not much more expensive than many of today's cars.

Steven then took us into what seems like the slums to see a Bentley, Jaguar, Ferrari, Maserati dealership. I should have taken a picture of the 10-15 Maserati's lined up along the street backed by a building you would be afraid to park your Ford by. The car interior is the red Ferrari - I couldn't help myself when I saw the drive selector as Auto, Reverse and Launch. Wow I knew they made fast cars but I didn't know they had Launch mode.



Notice the Bentley - there were so many Bentley's, Jag's, Ferrari's and Maserati's sitting in this open air lot with a fabric tent over but no security - seems crazy to see so many in one place let alone this type of location.


1 comment:

H. Wimmer said...

Wow!! Those cars are amazing!