Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Happy Mothers Day

Eileen wanted a bike last summer but because of her bad knees I didn't get to it. Before we even came home for this summer she said she wanted a bike or a scooter. I looked on-line for an electric bike and found several. This particular one had very positive reviews even from people who complained about putting them together and damaged parts they had to pay the shipping on to get them replaced. I went to Walmart.com and found they had the bike in stock in a town near us. I told Eileen I wanted her to go look at the bike for her Mothers Day present. She said she didn't want an electric bike but later said let's go look. When we got home Eileen said I needed to get a bike as she did not want to ride alone. I tried her bike and found it fun to ride as you can ride with or without the electric motor or you can use it to assist your ride. I called the store and they had put together another. When I talked to the man who put it together and told him of the on-line complaints, he was surprised.  He said he had no problems and felt it was a quality bike. When I asked why they were on sale he said they were old models and were discontinued in the stores. He thought they were too expensive for Walmart.  Our grandson JT thinks it is terrible I am riding a girls bike but it is all they had and the price was right ($150 less than Amazon and put together) and it doesn't bother me.

2 comments:

Nessa said...

I bike almost everyday with the kids...join us and we could make a caravan! :)

Steve said...

They look very fun. And it takes a true man to be able to ride a girls bike...