Monday, May 9, 2011

The First Lawyer In Our Family - Congratulations Paige!







As far as we know, Paige is the first lawyer in the history of our family.  She graduated with a Juris Doctor from the University of Missouri Kansas City on May 7.  Eileen and I along with Amanda and Cenny drove down Friday afternoon.  We went to a local diner to have a special sherbet lemonade and onion rings Paige likes and then to the Melting Pot for Chocolate Fondue.  Saturday Lisa, David, Gunnar, Qatar, Zeke and JT drove down and together with Paige's home-teachers we all cheered Paige as she was hooded and congratulated by the Governor of Missouri.  The law school had a nice reception following and then we went to the Elephant Bar restaurant for Paige's graduation dinner.  The place was packed and noisy but what an unbelievable menu.  Lisa's kids are most adventurous when it comes to ordering unusual things.  JT and Cenny wouldn't even eat from the kids menu as it was too much like what they get at school so they had very unusual entree salads - hard to imagine since our kids would never have eaten such things.  We finished the day with cake at Paige's apartment.  Sunday before going to Church we walked the sculpture gardens of the Nelson-Atkins Museum and then had lunch at Paige's apartment.  Eileen, Paige and I were the speakers at Church and then we headed for home arriving about 10:30 PM.  Paige is going to relax for a few days before starting her studies to pass the Bar and find a job - good luck on both Paige.  Congratulations!!!

3 comments:

H. Wimmer said...

I will be honest I love the Melting Pot and my personal favorite is the cheese. Thought I am sick for days afterwords it is so yummy!!

I love the pictures of your guys with Paige everyone looks so good.

Heather said...

That's awesome for Paige. But the real question is: Should I still like her? :)

Mike Clark said...

I know it’s late, but I would still like to extend my warm greetings to Paige! Hah, finishing a high degree course is definitely challenging. And I know that being the first lawyer in the family puts a little bit of pressure, but may Paige use it as an inspiration to push through her desired path. How is she now? =)