Monday, October 18, 2010

What A Way To Slow Down A Trip

Can you guess what is slowing down our trip? The good news according to the doctor - it was a clean break - no decay. Sunday I was eating a corn chip and I bit down on something very hard. I spit the corn chip out and there was nothing hard so I check again and it was still in my mouth. Yes the inside half of one my molars came off. This morning I went to Randy and Heather's dentist before the office opened and the receptionist told me the dentist wasn't in and she didn't know if he could see me. But she let me take a seat and fill out forms. Boy the legal stuff - you have to sign your life away now. The doctor did take me in right away and after an hour in the chair I have a temporary crown and go back Thursday for the permanent one. They used a special courier to get it to the lab to make the crown so we can get going as quickly as possible. Hopefully we will be on our way to Arizona on Friday. The bigger hope is Heidi won't have her baby before we get there.

2 comments:

Nessa said...

You know you are getting old when pieces start falling off of you...it's not leprosy is it? :)

meredith said...

LOL That was funny Nessa. I hope you are feeling better and make it to Az before the baby arrives!