Saturday, October 16, 2010

Making up for closed Museums

Since our fun Friday did not include the intended museums and because we had good friends coming from Orem for dinner, we decided to take the kids to McDonalds for dinner and play time.  The Happy Meals were Halloween buckets with stickers to make up you own characters.  Sadly that was not the right item as Jake left very upset that he did not get a toy.  That on top of an hour not being enough play time we didn't think that one through well enough but they did have fun and enjoyed their Happy Meals.





Oh how we enjoyed having Carol and Larry for dinner. We have not see them for several years so it was fun catching up. I first met them when I lived with them for two months before Eileen and the kids were able to move to Austin back in 1979. We became great friends and kept in close contact until recent years so we had lots of catching up to do. After 3 1/2 hours they needed to head home but Larry summed it up best for us when he said I wish we could stay as I would love another 3 hours of catching up.

1 comment:

H. Wimmer said...

Wow I have no idea the last time I saw Carol and Larry!! I bet you guys had tons of fun!!!