Thursday, September 16, 2010

Count Chocula and More

Qatar and some of the cereal
Gunnar's 17 Birthday


A few weeks ago one of our chain grocery stores had a special with General Mills cereals.  When Eileen went to the store she was able to get 6 boxes of cereal we eat (not the ones in the picture) for just about zero dollars.  Then that evening my daughter called and asked what I was doing as she was at the same store and her son had found out that if you bought the two cereals in the picture they were giving money back and her car was possibly going to be full with no room to take her son home.  Well I was going to be in the area so I said call me if you need me and she did.  When I arrived I put 8 cases in my car and she finished filling hers and we went home.  My grandson is a senior and he wants to win the high school food drive this year, so he decided to go back again that evening and besides all the cereal in the picture and more - Gunnar, Qatar, Zeke, Cenny and JT came home with more than $500 in cash.  We were all worried that someone was going to get in trouble over it.  But then this week the manager of the store told Gunnar that they were going to run another special if he wanted more - no word yet though if they will be giving any cash back.

No comments: