Sunday, December 20, 2009

Drinking - I DON'T THINK SO!


This afternoon I had to drive across the bridge into Selfoss. Half way across the bridge the traffic came to a stop. This happens when the traffic is heavy as there is a traffic circle at the end of the bridge and you have to merge with other traffic in the circle. But today the traffic just was not moving and I kept thinking there must be a lot of foreigners that don´t know how to enter the circle (being such a pro at such things with my Icelandic drivers license!!). Just before getting to the circle I could see a policeman, so I got out my drivers license. When I got up to him I tried to show him my license but he shoved this device in my face. I had heard they do breathalyzer tests here so I breathed on it not knowing what to do. The policeman didn't say anything so I asked 'what do you want me to do?' He said 'blow in it!' So I did and it beeped and he said go ahead. My first ever breathalyzer test and probably only, since in the US they have to have cause to do testing.

No comments: