Tuesday, May 12, 2009

New Opportunities


May 4 and 5 we had visitors from the Church Education System. Brother Eckehard Jensen from Germany and Brother Jens Andersen from Denmark (CES Coordinators) came to help Iceland further develop their Seminary, Institute and YSA programs. Not knowing why, we had become the channel of communication between these men and the Icelandic members. At our first meeting they talk to us like we had some responsibility for the program. Sensing our questioning looks, Brother Jensen told us our mission president had assigned us the responsibility to coordinate the Seminary and Institute program for Iceland. So now we know. We held meetings with the Icelandic teachers and YSA leaders Monday afternoon and again Tuesday evening. During our time together Tuesday we showed them a little of Iceland as we discussed how we can help the CES program here in Iceland.

3 comments:

H. Wimmer said...

See Mom all those years of going to CES in Utah are starting to pay off. Good Luck

Annie Anderson said...

I Sister and Elder Bremner...Hey how are you both doing well.
I just wanted to drop you a line and say Hi and that I am thinking about you. I will be starting temple classes in a couple of weeks so that I can go and get my endowments. At 35, and after reading P. Blessing, I really feel it is time for me to move in the direction to prepare myself to hopefully one day to become a helpmate to someone. I wish you were here Sister Bremner...because I would have loved it if you were the teacher for the temple class. Do you have any suggestions on preparing to go to the temple? I am looking for the day that I can go to the Temple Square and feel the spirit and go to the SLC Temple and further that spirtual feeling. (the SLC Temple is my most favorite place next to Temple Square. I long for going there again...hopefully soon.
Anyways, just wanted to say Hi and that I love you tons. I can say that I regret not coming to seminary back in the day. I can now say how important that experiance could have been more effective in my life.

Have a great day and smile - it spreads...just look in the mirror!!

Ann Anderson
ann.anderson@mowercountyshopper.com

Take Care!Miss ya!

Spaz said...

More fun for you.

Did you know Iceland is the largest country in the world without any ants.
Interesting.