Saturday, January 17, 2009

Global Warming?

While our family in Minnesota is having a hard time believing in global warming you have to think there may be something to in when you stop at the gas station to by windshield wiper fluid and they are selling fresh flowers outside - Yes this is the outside of the gas station just outside of Reykjavík and there is no heater around to keep the flowers warm.

Just an additional high cost item - I bought a 5 liter container of windshield washer fluid (1.3 gallons) for 1295 kronar or approximately $12. Needless to say I was in a little bit of a shock considering I have to use a lot of it as the roads over the mountain are always wet and muddy and the trucks throw up so much spray you sometimes can´t see for a few seconds.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Not Fair Not Fair I want to move!!!

Heather said...

I can't believe the crazy prices you guys have to pay! It is seriously absurd.