Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Let it Snow Let it Snow - NO!

Systir Bremner said I will help with the snow removal today. Well the picture shows how far she got as she is standing inside taking the picture of me as I finished the steps and the walk to our door but decided to quit before going on to our neighbors as it is snowing again. It seems I no more than get the walks and steps cleared and it starts snowing again. Seems crazy - at home we live in a townhouse where the snow removal is contracted out and here I have more to do than if I did it at home. You can see I don't really have a snow shovel either. You would think in a country where it snows so much you could get a snow shovel but when we asked the landlord for one this is what he bought us. I have looked too and can't find one. The worst is now that we spend time in Reykjavík when we get back here the snow is packed down from all the traffic to the neighbors. OH well the life of a missionary!

3 comments:

Nessa said...

Your snow shovel looks like my snow shovel's baby brother! Yikes...good luck with the removal!

Grandpa and Grandma B said...

Now the rest of the story - we got to Reykjavik yesterday and found I had to shovel show here too. The shovel was even worse than the one we have in Selfoss. We had to go out for groceries and traffic was so bad I decided to go a different direction and it led us right into the parking lot of a Home Depot type store. I decided we might as well see what they had for shovels - well they actually had snow shovels and I ended up buying what in the US would probably be the $10 variety but here the $50 variety and they went up from there to almost $100. I am going to carry it back and forth between Reykjavik and Selfoss and when the new couple comes the end of January we will decide if we need to buy another. When we got back to the apartment in Reykjavik I put it to use as we had 4" of new snow. OH and it worked so well!

H. Wimmer said...

Now I remember why I live in AZ...
I do miss the snow but only around Christmas and my birthday....

Have fun with the shoveling the snow :)