Monday, May 12, 2008

OUR MISSION CALL!

Eileen is in Tooele, Utah with our grandson's babysitting and I am in Lake Oswego, Oregon looking after my mother. While in Church yesterday my phone started vibrating so when I got home I checked it and Amanda wanted me to call Steven's. Mom also told me Steven called and we had our call. Lisa, Paige and Amanda gathered at Steven's and Lisa called Kristi, Amanda called Eileen and Micah called me (Randy was on an airplane and Heidi in Church and Steven had to catch a plane). Backing up a bit - we were in Japan when our first mission call came and so Lisa and David called us there and read our call to Romania. This time we wanted to open our call but you can see our kids didn't want to wait for two weeks until we got home. We were excited to find out too. So Paige opened and read our call to the Denmark Copenhagen Mission reporting to the MTC on September 22, 2008 to prepare to teach the Gospel. For those who may not know or remember, Eileen did not want to go on a proselyting mission the first time, but after our experience in Romania she is excited to do it again. This call is another example of the Lord's hand in the work. I was contacted by the Polynesian Cultural Center to be their Architect and they submitted a request for me to serve there. The family history department outside the US also said they were requesting us as well as the CES department and we think our good friends the Boggesses submitted a request to join them in Nigeria. With all those requests it was a surprise to be called to Denmark. We love the people in Romania and serving them so are excited for the opportunity to do it in Denmark even though the thought of trying to learn another language is still beyond me. What a blessing to be a member of the Lords Church.

3 comments:

Grandma Chubby said...

Wow! You are going from a "poorer" country to a "richer" one....well, maybe not in spirit, but definitely in resources! What a wonderful experience this will be for you two! We are so excited for you. Be sure to keep us on your mailing list. Congratulations and much love to you both! Pres. & Sora Ashby

Larry/Carol Lawson said...

We are so excited for you! I emailed a more detailed response. I'm not sure why I never checked your blog before. I'm starting to figure out a few things! It's great to see your family all doing so well. Love, Larry and Carol

TStevens said...

Bicycles are the favoured mode of transportation - lucky you!

After "learning" Romanian, how hard can Danish be?

Congratulations though; I am sure you will find Western Europe very much the same, but extremely different at the same time. Lisa and I might have to visit you this time.