Sunday, May 18, 2008

Another Blessing

Another blessing of babysitting our grandsons in Utah is the access to great books in their libraries. I checked one out and brought it with me to Oregon and what a great book. I highly recommend it to everyone. It is "I need Thee every hour - The joy of coming to Christ" by Blaine M Yorgason. Many years ago he wrote Spiritual Progression in the Last Days. Then after several years serving his Ward as Bishop he was asked by Sheri Dew to update and republish it. After rewriting the many chapter it came to him he had written an entirely new book and thus the new title. He strengthened my understanding of the Gospel more fulling. The following is taken from the last page of the book: "First that virtually any on of us, no matter our station in mortality, has the capacity to achieve all the spiritual possibilities and triumphs the Lord holds out to us through His scriptures and His prophets. And second, that Jesus Christ lives and stands waiting with outstretched arms to 'take up his abode with us,'and that He will do so as quickly as we are willing to put aside the world and surrender our hearts and lives wholly to Him." The book will open your eyes to the scriptures in ways that I never understood before.

3 comments:

Heather said...

I haven't been in a library that didn't have an LDS book section. what does that say about me do you think?

Spaz said...

I just figured out my gmail login. Now I can comment on blogs.

Heather said...

Welcome to blog land Randy!