Saturday, October 8, 2011

VOODOO Donuts

Friday was an unusual day.  Amanda and I started with a session at the Portland Temple.  Next a trip to Voodoo Donuts.  Why? Amanda wanted to see the Portland sites and since I could not think of anything special she asked Tara (Mom's caregiver) what she recommended.  Tara suggested Voodoo Donuts.  We went on-line to see what we could find.  Voodoo Donuts was on the list of things to do in Portland so we decided to check it out.  Notice the line outside the store.  Talking with people in line we discovered this was a short line - it sometimes goes around the block two times.  After a little over a 30 minute wait, we bought 5 specialty donuts for $12.  We took them home to share with Mom and Tara.  My favorite was the Tango Mango.  I thought I would like the Memphis Mafia the best but the Tango Mango was the best.  The Memphis Mafia was better the next day though.

After buying the donuts we went looking for lunch because we learned in line Portland is famous for Food Carts.  Amanda looked them up on-line and found there were lots of them in the area.  We saw one that looked good and checking it out on-line they had great ratings so we ordered a Muffuleta sandwich and Garlic Toast.  Both were excellent. 

When we got home Allyssa called and invited us to dinner at Fred and Gloria's.  She said she was planning and fixing dinner.  We then went shopping and ran in to Fred who was buying salmon for dinner.  He told Allyssa since I like salmon but didn't get it at home he wanted to fix it.  Allyssa fixed the rest of the dinner which was absolutely delicious and included Apple Pie my favorite dessert.  Boy did I feel special.  After dinner I took Fred to the airport.





All in all it was a fabulous day!




1 comment: