Saturday, December 11, 2010

Mt Vernon and foilded going home!

We got up early this morning to go to Mt Vernon to see Gideon and his Cub Scout Troop lay a wreath at George Washington's Tomb.  We then toured Mt Vernon and had the special treat of seeing the 3rd floor which is only open at special times.  We also enjoyed the educational center.  George Washington was a very special person and we can all be grateful to him for this great nation of ours. 


Gideon

Steven and his future transportation.  George Washington used to rent camels for guest entertainment so they have one on the property during the Christmas Holidays

There are gingerbread replicas of famous houses this time of the year and here is Mt Vernon
We packed last night so we could enjoy a little time at Mt Vernon before heading to the airport for home.  On the way to the airport Amanda called to say our flight was delayed about an hour out of DC and she didn't think we would be able to fly from Minneapolis to Rochester.  A few minutes later Delta called - our flight from Minneapolis to Rochester was canceled and we were booked out of DC at 6 AM Sunday to Detroit and then Rochester.  We were just pulling into the airport and Eileen said lets fly to Minneapolis and then have Amanda pick us up there.  I called Amanda and she said she didn't think she could get to Minneapolis as the road reports were no travel.  I checked us in for the new flight and went back to the car.  I called Amanda and she said right after I hung up the flight to Minneapolis was canceled so even if she could have gotten to Minneapolis we could not.  So back to the apartment and lunch with 9 of us belted into the car.  Then as I was moving our suitcases back into the bedroom, Abby was starring into the room and I said - I"m sorry we have taken over your room again.  She gave me a big smile and came over and gave me a big hug and said it's OK I like sleeping on the floor.

1 comment:

Heather said...

I'm glad you get to spend so much some time with that fun family. That winter storm in MN is crazy though!