Friday, December 17, 2010

Missing the Christmas Fun

Cenny in similar dress as tonight.
Being sick prior to Christmas is no fun.  So far I have missed all the Christmas Concerts we enjoy so much each year.  It is fun to see the grand-kids perform and get better each year.  Eileen only missed the High School concert and has told me about the others.  Then tonight Cenny's Achievement Day group came by Christmas caroling (they were also joined by other youth and adults from Church).  It was fun to have them come by and feel their love but it also reminded me even more I want to be out enjoying the lead up to Christmas and doing something for someone else.  I was told to have patience as it was going to take a long time to get over this illness, but it is not easy being shut up this time of year.  I have a new appreciation for the many who suffer much worse than my minor illness.  I can look forward to better days when so many can't.  We have to be grateful for the blessings which we do enjoy and endure those challenges that do come.

No comments: