Thursday, May 20, 2010

Headed East








We are on our way to New Hampshire for Cordie's baptism. We left Austin Wednesday morning after first stopping to see Zeke at his track meet. The timing was not good for us so we were not able to watch him in any of his events. We made it to Lansing MI about 9 PM and decided to stay there for the night after a rather late dinner. We then headed to Niagara Falls at Randy's suggestion. We are glad he suggested it as we are staying in a hotel above Horseshoe Falls with a beautiful view of the falls and the city. We arrived early enough to take the Maid of the Mist boat ride that takes you along side the American Falls and up to the base of the Horseshoe Falls. It was a fun boat ride. Our only other trip to Niagara Falls was back in 1985 and with all 9 of us, we only took the tour behind the falls.

Next we took a walk through the city which is quite the tourist trap. For dinner we found a Greek restaurant and enjoyed authentic Greek food. Then back to the walk along the river to see the falls in a different light. We made up for our lack of walking for several days.

5 comments:

Nessa said...

Have a great trip! Oh, and I am supposed to tell Auntie Eileen that Claire got her American Girl Doll and wants to play when you get back!...see what you started! :)

Sora Lundberg said...

I thought I would take a look at your blog. You've been great to follow ours in Romania. You have a beautiful family. I'm sure it is great to be with them again. What is your last name? I just know you as Grandpa and Grandma B.

Unknown said...

Is the bottom picture a view from the hotel? Wow!

Grandpa and Grandma B said...

Yes it is a view from our hotel room.

H. Wimmer said...

So I take it you never found Jaws attacking anyone on your boat? That is what scared me all those years ago was Jaws coming out of the water to eat me and the small space. I hope Doug and I can go one day... It looks amazing!