Monday, May 3, 2010

Having Fun In Arizona





While we enjoyed our time in Utah getting out wasn't much fun. It was snowing just a little but the ground crew did not seem prepared and we sat on the runway for 2 hours waiting to be deiced. I called Heidi to tell her to call Delta before coming to the airport but I decided to call again as we were getting deiced and she said I am so glad you called as I was just leaving as Delta said we were landing in 15 minutes. That would have been quite the miracle.

Martin loves to play with Grandpa and Roxie loves Grandma but she wanted nothing to do with Grandpa. If she wasn't happy about something you just had to say OK you can go to Grandpa and she immediately changed her tune - seems there is nothing so bad as having to go to Grandpa. Well that was until today when she let me hold her and she gave me a kiss.

As always I forget to use my camera even though I have it with me. We have had wonderful meals with Doug's folk - Lamon and LaRae. Lamon is famous for his grilled hamburgers and steaks which we enjoy both of this trip. Tonight was no exception. We had his famous 2" thick steaks fixed just the way I like them - seared on both sides just enough to warm them through - OH how delicious! Makes one wonder why one ever goes out for steak.

Doug and Martin enjoy a game of Soccer
Roxie takes after her Dad
Martin singing in his Dad's mission language

No comments: