Sunday, April 25, 2010

Unplugged






Almost two weeks without internet - it wasn't bad! I enjoyed spending ten days with my Mom in Oregon. Her internet contact is via the Presto mailbox I bought her several years ago. So while I am visiting her, my contact with the rest of the world is the old fashion way of phone, TV and newspapers. While I am glad we don't watch much TV, when you don't have the internet it is a good source for the news.

While in Oregon I visited the home where my Mom was born and lived until her father died. It is now a temporary home for women and their children - a good use as it is a large home with plenty of space indoors and out. We also stopped at the building that was once my Grandfather Shute´s bank building. We spent a nice time visiting other family members and just spending time together. While I was with my Mom, Eileen was with hers. Next trip out we will visit with both of them together but this time we wanted to spend more time than we had to do it together.

We are now in Utah enjoying our time with Randy, Heather, Tyler, Jacob and Lily. The first thing we did upon arrival at the airport was to go to the Church History Library and deliver Sister Sveinbjörg's story and testimony of the translation of The Book of Mormon into Icelandic. It took us almost the entire 18 months we were in Iceland to get it accomplished so we are happy to now have it in the Church history. Next it was off to Tooele and fun with our grandchildren. It is great to be here and enjoy all of them.

Now that we are once again connected, I will try to keep more up to date.

1 comment:

Renee Anderson said...

Love seeing the pictures of your moms- they are both beautiful- and love the backgrounds too!