Monday, February 8, 2010

HP Madness!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All of you who follow our blog (which can't be many with the few comments we get) know about the motherboard dying on our HP laptop we bought the week before we left for Iceland. In September it started doing some weird things. I just thought they were glitches and didn't think much of them. I wasn't paying attention to our warranty though and when I called HP because they were worse than glitches, the computer was out of warranty by a few days and HP said OH SO SORRY. Luckily I had bought a 3rd party warranty and after 3 months they authorized me to have it fixed and send them the bill. The HP authorized service center in Reykjavík took 3 weeks to install a new motherboard. We were very happy to have our laptop back and to reinstall and update everything. Well the happiness was short lived as we had the computer 10 days when it all began again yesterday and today it went back for a new motherboard.

I think an Apple maybe in our future!

4 comments:

H. Wimmer said...

Sorry guys but think you will be home in a short 5 weeks!! :)

Steve said...

I bought an HP in 2000, had a mother board problem, spent 9 months trying to get them to fix it before HP would authorize the RMA. 4 years later I was invited to join a class action against HP of people suing for that exact issue. I thought a bit overboard for a class action, but I haven't bought an HP since. Dell and Mac only.

Heather said...

I've only had HP's and I haven't really had problems (knock on wood).
By the way we DO read your blog! We just don't comment very often.
Love you guys!

Grandpa and Grandma B said...

This isn't our first bad experience with HP. I have heard others complain about other brands too so maybe we just got the problem machines.