Thursday, October 8, 2009

Winter Wheels


As referred to by Arnar, I had our winter wheels put on today. The law says studded tires can be installed after October 15, but according to several friends, if the weather is bad you can put them on earlier. Last night Gummie asked me if I had put them on yet and I said no I am going to have them put on tomorrow. He said go early as there will be lots of people doing it tomorrow because a big storm is due in tomorrow afternoon. I arrived at 9 AM figuring that was about the time they opened and sure enough there were 10 cars ahead of me. I left the car and guessed they might be done between 10:30 and 11. I walked to the Church and did some record keeping work and walked back at 10:30. They had just started so I wasn't far off. I also had them put plastic ties on the hubcaps in hopes of not loosing any this change over. We have lost 4 so far and don't want to loose any more.

The storm sounds like we are in for it but so far this morning it doesn't look bad. Last night the forecast was up to 33 mm of snow and 40 m/s winds which converts to 89 mph so it could be quite the storm. With a trip to Reykjavik tonight and again tomorrow we are going to keep an eye on this one.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Welcome to Iceland huh? Let us know how the storm goes.