Sunday, October 11, 2009

Always Learning




It sure is good we can continue to learn even when we become "elderly". (The Elders mentioned they were teaching an elderly man age 65.) My learning experience has to do with a large whole frozen trout Heimir gave me last week. I mentioned to him the delicious trout dinner Sveinbjörg served us and he went to their freezer and gave me one he caught. When I asked him how to cook it he just shrugged. Yesterday I decided to try and fix it so I invited the Elders since Eileen won´t touch fish. I wanted to fix it like Sveinbjörg´s but she said I just buy the fillets already to cook. I went on line and found a demonstration on how to fillet a trout and then how to skin it. The picture is a 9x13 dish with the two fillets covered in sun dried tomato pesto. The other is of course Elder Fillmore and Elder Walsh and me about to enjoy the trout and the rest of a delicious dinner. The trout turned out delicious and so tender. Eileen sure is missing out but then again she didn´t have to fix it either.

5 comments:

Micah said...

You'll have to demonstrate your new-found knowledge with us when you get home.

Grandpa and Grandma B said...

Who is going to catch the fish?

David P said...

HyVee!

Grandpa and Grandma B said...

Yes then I don't have to fillet or skin.

Thom said...

What a wonderful blog ... you people are blessed!