Thursday, September 25, 2008

Iceland Here We Come

Here we are in the MTC (Missionary Training Center)in Provo, Utah. The MTC experience is one of the highlights of a mission. When we were here before going to Romania we had some of the greatest spiritual experiences of our lives. Those experiences helped us in Romania. This week has been the same with special spiritual blessing for our lives. It is great to be with other senior missionaries and the great young missionaries. All are so excited to serve the Lord wherever they are called. We have been taught by the Spirit so many times. Our Icelandic training has been fruitful and we are gaining understanding little by little. Tonight our tutor made us speak only Icelandic to him so between Eileen and I we struggled to keep the conversation going. We were allowed to ask him in Icelandic how to say an English word in Icelandic. We actually didn't ask very many times but we did have to use hand motions several times.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Have a good flight and write when you get there. We love you.

Dawn said...

We are very excited for you. Have a great mission.

Heather said...

I'm glad it is going so well. I love how Eileen can't reach Iceland on the map. :) See you tonight!

H. Wimmer said...

I'm so proud of you guys!!! I'm glad that you guys are having such a woonderful time in the MTC.....

meredith said...

Good luck and travel safe. Lily has asked about "Sister Bremner and the boy Sister Bremner" a couple of times. Eric and John Register were in the nursery today so she had a ton of fun, but still misses you guys!

Renee Anderson said...

You guys look so cute!
Have a safe flight!
I am so glad you have this blog so I can see pictures and make comments!! And ...see everyone else's comments..I loved Heathers..I noticed too how Eileen couldn't quite make it up north!
Jeff and I were down at his hunting place near Kellogg this weekend and we went to the Winona Branch for church.
Josh Petersen is the new Branch President!
Then Deb and Pat Fryer came and had supper over the campfire with us.
This Friday I have been invited to speak at the Hormel Institute Dedication.
I am very nervous but excited- Gov Pawlenty will be speaking too!!
I never would wish for cancer but I am getting so many opportunites because of it! WHo knew!!