Saturday, September 13, 2008

Blessing Dress


Since we know for sure that Heidi is having a baby girl and Heather is also having a baby, Eileen started making two blessing dresses just in case Heather has a girl too. While we were at the beach Eileen completed more than half the dress. But when Eileen showed it to Gonnie, the light was better and you could see two different shades of yarn were used. So Eileen took that one out and went on a search for the right shade of yarn. At the time she couldn't find any so she started this dress and just finished it. She has the yarn to finish the second but I doubt there is enough time to finish it before we leave for Iceland.

3 comments:

Heather said...

It's gorgeous!

H. Wimmer said...

Mom,
The dress is beautiful...I love the thought that my little girl will wear a dress that her grandmother made and that it will be something she will have her daughter wear...YOu did an amazing job...I can't enough how beautiful the dress and bonnett are!!!
I LOVE IT!!! Roxie will look beautiful in it!!

meredith said...

That is so beautiful. What a precious treasure. I was just thinking of you b/c I checked on Lily and she is clutching the bear you gave her for Christmas while she slept. You were great nursery leaders and we're all really going to miss you!