Saturday, June 7, 2008

The New Tornado Alley?


We were out walking this afternoon to get some errands done when it started raining just as we got to the bank. It quit when we were ready to leave. We went to Lisa's to pick up Cenneidigh to spend time with us. It started raining again and we visited for a little while until it quit. Just as we got home it started raining again but we might as well been in the rain as we were soaked from the humidity. We turned on the air-conditioning and I sat down to read the paper. Just then the sirens started wailing and I turned on the local channel and we were under a tornado warning as a tornado had been spotted just south and east. We spent the next 1/2 hour in the basement until they cleared the warning. In about 15 minuted they put us under a warning because the storm is continuing across us again. The image to the left shows the progress of the storms as they move northeast over us - one storm after another. 30 minutes have passed since the last warning was canceled and the sirens are wailing again.

2 comments:

Heather said...

yikes! that would totally freak me out if I were there. I'm glad you are safe and I hope that you all stay that way.

H. Wimmer said...

Wow and I miss all the fun!!! just kidding Keep safe...