Saturday, August 13, 2011

Time To Catch Up

Doesn't it look delicious!
Having been on the road over 8000 miles this past month, it's time to try and catch up.  I covered my birthday in Oregon earlier, then our first morning home, I was blessed to enjoy a birthday tradition Amanda started many years ago.  She made me my favorite Belgium Waffles breakfast and probably my last as she is off to college again for her Doctorate.








After leaving the beach we visited a couple of days with my Mom before heading to California to spend several days with Eileen's Mom.  We decided to take the California coast highway so Cenny could see the giant redwood trees - WOW are they impressive even after seeing them many times before.  Back when Steven was a baby we woke up to a baby moose nose on the window of our car while camping in one of the Redwood Parks.  This time we spent a night between the two main parks so we had lots of time to explore them.  From there we headed to Vallejo to show Cenny the first house we bought, where her mother started school and Steven and Randy were born.  The house doesn't look a lot different other than they have changed much of the landscaping (We bought the house before they started building it and we had to do all landscaping.).  A few of the trees are still in place but most everything else has changed.  We put in the pathway to the street of San Francisco cobblestones.  When I was building a bank in San Francisco we discovered a discard pile of cobblestones from the street in front of the bank on the back of the lot.  I took as many as we needed for the path and if they hadn't been so heavy I would have like to have taken more for our patio which we ended up building of bricks from a demolished smokestack.





No comments: