Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Time With Mom in Oregon

On our way to spend time with my Mom in Oregon we stopped at the Columbia River Gorge Interpretive Center.  It was extremely well done and very educational.  Next was Multnomah Falls.   Cenny wanted to walk up to the bridge and since I have been there many times, Eileen and Cenny took off and I went to the new exhibit hall.  I expected them back in 15 minutes but after an hour I started to worry and walked up to the bridge.  Since they were not there I decided they walk to the top of the falls.  I went back to the car to read a book.  Their short walk to the bridge ended up being 2 hours.
On the wall at the Columbia Interpretive Center
Cenny in the salmon cannery
 l



Multnomah Falls

Top of Multnomah Falls

While at Mom's we went to visit her twin sister and had a nice lunch and visit before showing Cenny where her Great Grandma grew up (didn't take a picture) in Portland, where her Great Grandpa grew up and then where I grew up.  Driving from where I grew up to my high school, Eileen kept saying this is a long walk - it must be at least two miles.  All I know is it always seemed like a long walk everyday as it was uphill the whole way.
The twins

Where my Dad grew up

Where I grew up



No comments: