Thursday, April 14, 2011

The Night Season by Chelsea Cain

Lisa gave me this book to read.  She thought I might enjoy it because it takes place in my hometown of Portland Oregon.   I found the book intriguing because of taking place in an area I could relate to and my memories of the Vanport Flood, which I probably only remember from what I heard having grown up near the area of the flood.  I am amazed at how authors can write such exciting and captivating books.  Chelsea Cain is certainly a master at intrigue and mystery and kept me glued to the book.  I wonder though if this were the only types of books one reads, if they would not become distorted on their view of life and miss out on the true enjoyment of life.  The dark and sinister side of life does certainly exist as we hear on the news.  I just don't think I need more of it through reading books like this one.

No comments: