Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone


With so much to be grateful for, it is impossible to list everything. Nevertheless, I will start with our beautiful family that has brought us so much joy and happiness.  I think everyone has seen our family photo so this one is just us with the grandkids minus the newest one. I have included her in a separate picture.

Next, I will add great health care that I hope never succumbs to government control.  For the past week, I have not felt great and Tuesday I felt maybe I should seek help, as I did not want to go to Thanksgiving Dinner or Washington DC next week if I was going to infect anyone else.  I called our advice nurse and she suggested I see a Doctor.  I called to see mine rather than go to Urgent Care and he was able to see me Wednesday.  He said I sounded like I had asthma but checked my lung for pneumonia.  The lungs sounded clear but from my symptoms, he wanted an x-ray to rule out pneumonia.  He explained there is a type of pneumonia that seals off the area of the infected lung so no air goes through thus the lungs sound clear.  He was right on and I have pneumonia and am on a very powerful anti-biotic ($200+).  He said I was cleared to go to Thanksgiving Dinner, as I would no long be infectious.

I doubt I would have gotten this care if we had universal health care - at least I know from our experience in two countries with universal health care I would not have gotten any further than - the lungs sound clear just go home and take care of yourself.  How grateful I am for the health care we enjoy in this country and need to protect. 

No comments: