Thursday, July 22, 2010

Updating








Last week I spent with my mother in Lake Oswego Oregon while Eileen spent it with her mother in Gilroy California. My Mom does not have internet so no posting for me. Then this week we have been on the Oregon coast. We have had such intermittent internet service I have not tried to post until now.

The week with my Mom we visited with family and cleaned out old files and trimmed some bushes and other odds and ends. Our first trip was to Aunt Marion, my Mom's 93 year old twin sister. We had a fun visit as they talked about old times which brought up the question of old photos. This subject brought about our next visit. When we left Aunt Marion she said come again so I can see my sister. They enjoyed themselves.

Because of the conversation of photos I called cousin Jean who lives in Camas Washington to see if she might have the pictures of the twins in a convertible Stearn-Knight in the Rose Festival Parade. She didn't known but said she would pull out what she had. A few days later we went to her house high in the hills above the Columbia River with a great view of Mt. Hood. She did not have the pictures but we scanned some other old pictures and documents and had a good time just visiting. After all the many apple pies my Mom has made for us, I decided to make one for her. I won't say it was as good but she said she liked it.

Then on Friday I picked up Eileen at the airport and we went to the beach where we have experienced beautiful weather and the fun of just walking the beaches and forests. Otter Crest has the most to offer of along the coast where you have beautiful beaches and sea life and great forests to enjoy too. Our first walk on Beverly Beach I spotted an agate and then another - not even looking for them. Eileen found another very dark one the light barely shows through. We have enjoyed walking the beaches and the forest everyday.

No comments: